Summer brings thoughts of pools, beaches, longer days, warm weather and not so popular; hair issues. We all know how the sun is harmful to our skin. But it’s also just as harsh on our hair. Humidity brings frizz, the chlorine from the pools can dry your hair out or even change its color. Salt water also draws out all moisture. And even just the plain old sun can cause damage.
Just like you protect your skin, here are some tips to protect your hair.
- Start summer with a trim. You’ll get rid of split ends and refresh your style. Plus hair grows faster in the summer so it will be back before you know it.
- Shield your strands from the sun. You can wear a hat or by applying a hair care product that contains UV filters (these can be in spray, gel, or cream formulas).
- When you wash use a moisturizing shampoo and deep-conditioning treatment.
- Stop frizz with a drop or two of an anti-frizz oil or serum can help smooth hair and add shine.
- Before you take that dip, saturate your hair with water or a leave-in conditioner; which will prevent your hair from being able to absorb too much salt water or pool water.
- Give your hair a break. Skip blow dryers, flat irons, and curling irons as much as possible.
So now that you protected your hair, how do you style it for summer?
-Beachy waves are in and can be worn as simple as just pinning back some front layers.
-Fishtail braids are very popular as this can be worn so many ways and goes with any look.
-Low buns are in right now. They keep your hair out of your face while not looking so ‘dancer.’ Can even get creative with bringing it to the side.
-Half up with a twist. Long hair can be too hot to wear down in the summer and an updo is an easy way to stay cool. Reverse this popular trend and leave some front layers down with the back up and off your neck.
-Zendya is a favorite of my daughters and recently she wore her hair natural with a textured twist. She slicked down her roots to the nap of her neck and the rest was just tied back in a low pony. Beautiful.
An easy way to create picture perfect looks without the hassle or damage is to try hair weave like you can find with Remy Hair Weave from Black Hairspray. From Body Waves, front Finger Waves, natural wet wavy looks and more. Protects your true hair while you enjoy all summer has to offer.
With a no hassle return policy, your can try a wig from Black Hairspray and you aren’t satisfied, you can return it. They also offer a price matching guarantee and in-house live chat customer service.
What’s your favorite style from Black Hairspray?
© The Autism Diva. I’d love to keep connected with you!