Oven roasted potatoes are pretty standard and simple to make. Everyone has their favorite way to make them. My family loves them with lots of flavor and crispy. Most times I don’t even follow a recipe and will try a few different spices. But the classic is what the husband and kids love best. So here is my classic Oven Roasted Potatoes.
To help limit mess and keep clean up easy, you can line your baking dish with foil.
- 12 small potatoes (red or yellow work best)
- Olive Oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1/2 stick of butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters and place in large mixing bowl.
- Add into bowl, garlic, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Cover the mixture with the olive oil so potatoes are well covered and toss.
- Place into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Slice butter into 'pats' and place along the top in even layer.
- Sprinkle dill over the top to taste.
- Bake for 45 minutes turning the potatoes every 15 min.
- After 45 minutes, remove from oven and add your diced onion.
- Return to oven and bake for 15 minutes more or until desired crispness.
Do you have a favorite oven roasted potatoes recipe? Feel free to comment below and share.