We love chicken in our house, which means we eat a lot of it. But this can also lead to having the same thing over and over. My husband loves the crunch and juiciness of fried chicken but I hate the mess, and not to mention the not so healthy status. So after noticing some mushrooms that needed to be used in our fridge, I did a little experiment that not only smelled great, but every last bite was eaten. It had the crunch of fried chicken, lots of flavors and much healthier.
For easy cleanup, layer your baking dish with foil to limit the mess.
- 4 Boneless Chicken Breast
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Cups Italian Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 Cups grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1lb Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Stick of Butter melted
- 1tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1tsp Chopped Parsley
- 1tsp Salt & Pepper
- 3tbsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut chicken into 2 inch pieces.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs with salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- In a separate bowl, mix the Panko crumbs, with rest of the garlic powder and Parmesan cheese.
- Mix the melted butter and lemon juice together. Pour a little over half into the bottom of a 9X13 inch baking dish. Be sure to the butter is spread out to cover the entire dish.
- Place mushrooms spread out in an even layer in the baking dish.
- Dip chicken into the egg mixture, then in the Panko crumb mixture. Once completely covered in breading, place on top of mushrooms in the baking dish.
- Once finished with the chicken, drizzle the remaining butter over the chicken and sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake uncovered for about 40 minutes, until the internal temp is at least 165 degrees and the outside is golden brown.
Goes great with Oven Roasted Potatoes and a garden salad.
Easy meal with simple ingredients.
And don’t forget to check out my Oven Roasted Potatoes recipe which pairs well with this Crunchy Chicken.
Do you have a favorite chicken recipe? Feel free to share and comment below.