Autism Resources Guide
An ongoing guide to resources, schools, and articles with tips and help for those with or living with someone who has Autism.
- Assisted Living Options For People with Disabilities
- Moving for Seniors and People with Disabilities
- How to Model a Bedroom for Accessibility
- Home Ownership For Those With Disabilities
- Home Modifications and Selling Your Home
- Transition to Adulthood: Home Remodeling for Young Adults with Special Needs
- Renters’ Rights for People with Disabilities
- Tenants Rights and Housing Assistance for the Disabled
- MEDICAL & HEALTH-RELATED
- Cleaner Indoor Air & Chemical Sensitivities
- Guide to Finding Credible Medical Advice
- Sleep Help for Those Diagnosed With ASD
- Autism, ADHD, And Sleep
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Sleep
- Autism & Sleep
- Helping A Child with Sensory Issues Enjoy Swimming
- 23 Ways To Communicate With A Non-Verbal Child
- Bullying & Substance Abuse
- OUTINGS & TRAVEL
- Cheap and Easy Alarm for Wanderers
- Five Affordable Safety Tools for Wanderers
- The relationship factor: when special needs challenge a household
- 10 Unexpected Benefits of Homeschool a Child with Special Needs
- Managing Sensory Processing Issues At Home
- Social Inclusion Training Tool for Educators, Parents & Caregivers
- Managing Your Child’s Transition to Adulthood
- Special Needs Checklist: How Disability-Friendly is Your City?
- Smart Home Tech
- Sensory Tools For Individuals With Autism
- AANE: Asperger/Autism Network AANE works with individuals, families, and professionals to help people with Asperger Syndrome or similar autism spectrum profiles build meaningful connected lives. We do this by providing information, education, community, support, and advocacy–all in an atmosphere of validation and respect.
- AbilityPath.Org AbilityPath.org is an online hub and special needs community for parents and professionals to learn, connect and live a more balanced life.
- ABS Behavioral Health Services ABS Behavioral Health Services provides families in the Worcester and Framingham area, with high-quality services for their children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder or other developmental delays.
- Advocates for Autism for Massachusetts (AFAM) The organization provides an important arena for mobilizing those of us who deal with ASD in our day-to-day lives as the most eloquent and persuasive spokespeople for our concerns. Our efforts focus not only on the State House but also on towns and city halls that also have responsibility for service delivery and funding.
- Beacon ABA Services A private group practice of behavior analysts and behavioral therapists organized to provide intensive behavioral services to individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Atlanta School Insight Atlanta offers over 100 private schools, 14 public school districts, and over 30 special needs schools. When education options can cost well over a half a million dollars before college, it just makes good financial sense to think through your choices.A.S.I. looks beyond test scores to give you insight into the inner workings of the schools and their communities. We look beyond the labels to discover the phenomenal potential in every child. We are committed to helping you find the right fit, the school where your child will thrive: where they are respected, challenged, and nurtured.
- Autism & Aspergers Events & Programs Massachusetts Special-needs events newsletter for families in Greater Massachusetts
- Autism Allies Home-based, insurance-funded family support for children with autism using evidence-based Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Autism Connections Provides support, information, and practical help for children and adults with autism, as well as their families, friends, and professionals. As children grow and make transitions to preschool, kindergarten, high school, and adulthood, Autism Connections walks alongside and continues to provide information and support through these life changes.
- AUTISM LEARNING PARTNERS We are a full-service provider that specializes in the treatment of autism and other developmental disabilities. Our broad-thinking approach addresses the whole child by collaborating with doctors, therapists, schools, and specialists. Our goal is to work together to achieve the best possible outcome… PROGRESS!
- Autism Resource & Therapy Center ARTC provides home and socially based ABA services for children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD), Asperger’s and Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD).
- Autism Speaks Autism Speaks is dedicated to promoting solutions, across the spectrum and throughout the lifespan, for the needs of individuals with autism and their families through advocacy and support; increasing understanding and acceptance of people with autism spectrum disorder; and advancing research into causes and better interventions for autism spectrum disorder and related conditions.
- Autism Society – RI Chapter Community awareness, advocacy, and fundraising. Chapter website will provide information on local activities in support of autism awareness as well as links to other related sites.
- Autism Therapeutic Services Our focus is to make sure that families receive the services and support they need in order to create an environment suitable for a sustainable group. We have highly trained ABA staff members who will deliver services at our client’s home and during group sessions.
- BCI ABA services for children with ASD. Works alongside Autism Resource Central, serving children and families throughout Central Massachusetts and providing services that increase their independence and enhance their quality of life at home, in school, and in the community.
- Berkshire Hills Music Academy post-secondary transition program, as well as a long-term graduate program for young adults with intellectual disabilities.
- Bierman ABA Autism Center We work with children with autism spectrum disorders up to the age of 13. We specialize in providing early intervention, personalized and intensive Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) programs. Our early intensive intervention programs (EIBI) are designed to help children learn skills across many different developmental domains in order to be happy and successful in any environment, whether that be in the home, community or the classroom.
- Boston Ability Center Natick The Boston Ability Center is a state of the art pediatric wellness center that is dedicated to helping kids reach their highest level of function in every area of development. Located in Wellesley and Natick, the centers offer physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, and social-motor groups. We strive to provide care that is both fun and functional to help children reach their fullest potential.
- Brain Balance Achievement Centers Brain Balance Achievement Centers offer the Brain Balance Program ® in 54 nationwide locations. The Brain Balance Program® is an individualized and comprehensive approach to helping children with neurobehavioral and learning difficulties surmount their unique challenges. 3 locations here in GA: Roswell, Suwanee, & Peachtree City.
- Building Bridges Therapy Building Bridges Therapy was founded to provide the “Next Step” in therapy programs targeting life, social, and vocation skills in functional environments. We provide the opportunity for children of all ages to make life-changing strides, no matter where they are on the spectrum of development. Our wide range of therapy options ensures that your child will grow and learn in the method that best meets their needs!
- Calm Passion A nonprofit organization creates sensory friendly events for neurodiverse families. CALMERCon – sensory friendly comics/pop culture convention.
- Canines for Disabled Kids CDK works to help families determine if a service dog is the right tool for their child and help them to select which training organization is best for their child’s needs.
- Cloud4Causes IT professionals with over 40 years of cutting edge IT experience in business and nonprofit network administration. They include an expert CISCO Systems engineer available to investigate and resolve issues-are your advocate – helping you meet your current needs and plan for a connected future.
- Community Autism Resources Community Autism Resources is a family created and oriented community services organization. The valuable input we receive from families and professionals sustains our continued focus on assisting and educating families and professionals so that they can better meet the needs of persons with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). We do this by building collaborative relationships with those involved, in an effort to provide comprehensive and individually tailored supports.
- Family Behavioral Health Provides individualized services to individuals diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders and other developmental disabilities. Our focus is on delivering evidence-based, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services across a variety of settings (home, center & community).
- Family Center for Autism Finally, there’s a place where you can find innovative classes and clubs for your loved one with autism. And find support, guidance, and understanding for your whole family. A place where you can feel at home… where you can relax, talk to others and forge a bond based on common experience. A place open to the entire community to foster an environment of inclusion, acceptance, and friendship.
- Federation For Children With Special Needs Provides information, support, and assistance to parents of children with disabilities, their professional partners, and their communities. We are committed to listening to and learning from families and encouraging full participation in community life by all people, especially those with disabilities.
- Massachusetts Family Voices Assist families in making informed choices about care for their children and youth with special health care needs.
- HMEA’s Autism Resource Central The Mission of the Autism Resource Center is to support families with children with Autism Spectrum Disorders, to empower families to raise their children to be full members of their communities and become responsively independent and effectively interdependent so that they are valued as gifted people and protected from harm.
- Hopebridge Hopebridge Autism Therapy Centers improve the quality of lives of children and families touched by Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Our comprehensive and coordinated efforts for your family include autism diagnosis evaluations, ABA Therapy and more.
- Kids Speak Enda, a biomedical engineer gave up his career to find a solution to the boys’ disability. In a journey that took the Dodd’s around the world, they discovered the power of Disney animation to teach language. They are now actively sharing their experiences and insights with other parents in need so that the miracle of their boys’ language can continue.
- LearningRx Our LearningRx directors will discuss how the proven LearningRx methodology can quickly enhance weak cognitive skills that are often the underlying cause of learning disabilities, learning difficulties, dyslexia, ADHD, and other struggles that keep people from reaching their true potential in life.
- Marcus Autism Center Marcus Autism Center is an Autism Center of Excellence and one of the nation’s leading centers for clinical care and research centers for autism and related disorders, treating more than 5,500 children a year.
- Massachusetts Advocates for Children Massachusetts Advocates for Children is a private non-profit organization dedicated to being an independent and effective voice for children who face significant barriers to equal educational and life opportunities. MAC works to overcome these barriers by changing conditions for many children, while also helping one child at a time.
- Massachusetts Family Voices See Federation For Children With Special Needs above.
- National Center For Learning Disabilities The mission of NCLD is to improve the lives of the 1 in 5 children and adults nationwide with learning and attention issues—by empowering parents and young adults, transforming schools and advocating for equal rights and opportunities. We’re working to create a society in which every individual possesses the academic, social and emotional skills needed to succeed in school, at work, and in life.
- Northeast Arc’s Autism Support Center The Northeast Arc helps people with disabilities become full participants in the community; choosing for themselves how to live, learn, work, socialize and play.
- Pawsitivity Service Dogs There’s a saying you’ve probably heard many times, but it’s worth repeating: “If you’ve met a person with autism, then you’ve met one person with autism”. Each child is different, but there are five main ways a Service Dog is used to help a child on the autism spectrum.
- Rockdale County Autism Support Group The Rockdale County Autism Support Group meets the third Thursday of every month at the First Baptist Church of Conyers, 2100 Ga. Highway 138, Conyers, GA, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Seven Hills Foundation Provides exceptional integrated clinical, educational and community-based supports to children and adults with disabilities and significant life challenges.
- SPECTRUM Autism Support Group Support Group out of Gwinnett County. Monthly meetings, events, and support. Every family that deals with Autism have their own special set of circumstances to deal with. We want to know where to direct our support efforts to serve most families.
- Speech and Language Specialties Inc. (SLS) Provides the highest level of quality services, through specialized programming, to improve communication skills across all environments, enabling students to enjoy positive social connections in their lives and achieve success in school and life.
- TechACCESS Licensed professionals provide evaluations and consultations for children along with additional services. Also provides evaluation, training and other services to adults with disabilities.
- The Autism Cares Foundation ACF differentiates itself from other organizations raising funds for autism as our support revolves around improving the life experiences of children, teens, and adults with autism today. To this end, our short-term efforts center on providing various activities where children and young adults with autism can participate. One of the many challenges with a child or young adult with autism is to provide them with as typical of a life as possible. Presently, there are few places where children with autism can play sports together or engage in any type of structured play, physical fitness or other activities.
- The Autism Project The Autism Project works to be at the forefront of developing many new and innovative programs that enrich the lives of children with autism and help them reach their highest potential. We work to support individuals with autism in many areas: we educate their parents and caregivers on best practices for supporting individuals with autism; we educate and train teachers, speech professionals, occupational therapists, teacher assistants, daycare providers, community members and other professionals on the current best practices; and, we offer direct services to individuals with autism.
- The Center for Autism and Related Disorders (CARD) CARD Specialized Outpatient Services (SOS) provides assistance with specific areas of concern for a family and develops and implements strategies to diminish problem behaviors and teach necessary skills.
- The Darnell School Our goal is to help each student become independent. Using the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), our team of skilled educators and clinicians partner with each family, assess each student’s needs and develop individualized curricula that promote independence and skill development.
- Understood Our goal is to help the millions of parents whose children, ages 3–20, are struggling with learning and attention issues. We want to empower them to understand their children’s issues and relate to their experiences. With this knowledge, parents can make effective choices that propel their children from simply coping to truly thriving.
- Variety of Georgia Our hope is that all children regardless of ability or circumstance are able to actively participate in their community and experience all the joys that come with being a child. Every child deserves the opportunity to live, laugh and learn.
- Worcester Center for Expressive Therapies Expressive therapy center providing the Worcester County area with a unique approach to wellness, rehabilitative therapy, and mental health services. Counseling, Music Therapy, and Art Therapy.