First, we got news this week officially announcing the theatrical “re-release” of Avengers: Endgame, which will now play with a post-credit deleted scene and new intro from director Anthony Russo. Now Disney has announced the official home video rollout of the Marvel Cinematic Universe epic. Avengers: Endgame releases on digital July 30th and on Blu-Ray August 13th.
Avengers: Endgame will be available digitally in HD and 4K HD, as well as on Disney’s Movies Anywhere platform, beginning on July 30. The movie will arrive on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, DVD, and various on-demand platforms beginning Aug. 13. Hello Disney Plus!
About Avengers: Endgame
The grave course of events set in motion by Thanos that wiped out half the universe and fractured the Avengers ranks compels the remaining Avengers to take one final stand in Marvel Studios’ grand conclusion to twenty-two films, “Avengers: Endgame.”
“Avengers: Endgame” picks up with the Avengers having been soundly defeated by Thanos, who, after collecting the six Infinity Stones, imposed
his twisted will on all of humanity and randomly wiped out half of the world’s population, including many of the Avengers. In the aftermath
of the destruction, the remaining Avengers are faced with their biggest challenge yet—finding the resolve within themselves to get off the mat
and find a way to defeat Thanos once and for all.
Avengers: Endgame Home Release
With three hours of video, we can expect some superhero-sized extras.
- “Remembering Stan Lee” – Filmmakers and cast honor the great Stan Lee in a fond look back at his MCU movie cameos.
- “Setting The Tone: Casting Robert Downey Jr.” – Hear the tale of how Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Tony Stark in the original Iron Man — and launched the MCU.
- “A Man Out of Time: Creating Captain America” – Trace the evolution of Captain America with those who helped shape the look, feel and character of this compelling hero.
- “Black Widow: Whatever It Takes” – Follow Black Widow’s journey both within and outside the Avengers, including the challenges she faced and overcame along the way.
- “The Russo Brothers: Journey to Endgame” – See how Anthony and Joe Russo met the challenge of helming two of the biggest films in cinematic history … back-to-back!
- “The Women of the MCU” – MCU women share what it was like to join forces for the first time in an epic battle scene — and be part of such a historic ensemble.
- “Bro Thor” – His appearance has changed but his heroism remains! Go behind the scenes to see how Bro Thor was created.
- “Six Deleted Scenes” – “Goji Berries,” “Bombs on Board,” “Suckiest Army in the Galaxy,” “You Used to Frickin’ Live Here,” “Tony and Howard” and “Avengers Take a Knee.”
- “Gag Reel” – Laugh along with the cast in this epic collection of flubs, goofs, and gaffes from the set.
- “Visionary Intro” – Intro by directors Joe and Anthony Russo.
- Audio commentary by directors Anthony and Joe Russo, and writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
The digital release also includes one additional extra, “Steve and Peggy: One Last Dance,” which explores “Captain America and Peggy Carter’s bond, forged in moments from previous films that lead to a momentous choice in Avengers: Endgame.”
DISC SPECIFICATIONS (applies to film content only)
Product SKUs: Cinematic Universe Edition (4K Ultra HD+Blu-ray+Digital Code), Multi-Screen Edition (Blu- ray+Digital Code), Digital 4K Ultra HD (select retailers include Dolby Vision), HD, SD, DVD, and On-Demand
Run Time: Approximately 181 minutes
Audio: 4K UHD BD: English Dolby Atmos; Latin Spanish 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus; French Canadian 5.1 Dolby Digital; English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital; Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, Latin Spanish & French Canadian 5.1 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital; DVD: English & Latin Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital; 4K UHD Digital: English Dolby Atmos (some platforms), English 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus (some platforms), English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Latin Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital; HD Digital: English 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus (some platforms), English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Latin Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital; SD Digital: English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Latin Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital
Subtitles: UHD: English SDH, Latin Spanish, French Canadian; BD: English SDH, French Canadian, Latin Spanish; DVD: English SDH, Latin Spanish; Digital: English SDH, French Canadian, Latin Spanish
Captions: English (on Digital and DVD SKUs)
Have you seen Avengers: Endgame? Do you plan on adding Endgame to your personal collection?
Like AVENGERS on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/avengers
Follow AVENGERS on Twitter: https://twitter.com/avengers
Follow AVENGERS on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/avengers/