BACK TO SCHOOL DINNER MADE EASY
Sponsored post by Perfect Fit Meals. All opinions are my own.
It’s that time of year again, Back To School! While kids are excitedly packing their new school bags and finding that perfect first-day outfit, moms everywhere are stressed. And it’s not because of the shopping and never-ending supply list, but making back to school dinner.
BACK TO SCHOOL DINNER
Back to school also means a tight, crazy and hectic schedule. Now we have to get everyone into the school routine which is hard enough. But add in the after-school clubs, dance, sports, homework and of course the fighting over homework, packing lunches for the next day and still take care of the house which includes dinner! And the first few weeks of making back to school dinner are the worst.
Who has the time or energy for anything else? But of course, the family has to eat. So many of the tired stressed and flat out exhausted moms go through the local drive-thru. And while that crosses off one more item on the to-do list, we feel guilty for not cooking. We worry about the unhealthy calories our family just ate and not to mention the blow to the budget. Eating out is not cheap.
Quick and easy dinners for the weeknight is a must. But when you want to also keep it healthy, a box of mac & cheese isn’t going to cut it!
PERFECT FIT MEALS YOUR BACK TO SCHOOL DINNER SOLUTION
I recently heard about Perfect Fit Meals and the ‘perfect’ does describe these meals. First, you have to forget everything you think you know about frozen meals. Because one, these are not frozen and two, the pre-portioned meals are the perfect balance of big flavor and low calories.
I do my best to cook healthy and use fresh ingredients when we eat in, but sometimes I just don’t have time to cook or, quite simply, I don’t feel like cooking. So a quick way to cook nutritious meals is always a welcomed idea.
As I mentioned, Perfect Fit Meals are not frozen but available in the refrigerator section of your local grocery store. If you like to buy more than you’ll eat by the sell-by date, or just want some ‘in case’ meals, they can be placed in your freezer. I, in fact, did this with some of mine for I wanted to see if there would be a difference in taste with frozen vs. fresh and I can honestly say; there was not!
I have a few meals stocked in the freezer so when the stress of back to school dinner hits, I am prepared.
The reason Perfect Fit Meals stay so fresh is due to how they are prepared. The company teamed up with Avure and uses HPP or High-Pressure Processing. HPP is cold pasteurization in pure water; it uses ultra-high pressure purified water to keep packaged food pathogen-free and to stay fresh longer. Food is subjected to 87,000 lbs. of pressure per sq. inch, the same amount of pressure as six times the deepest part of the ocean. At this very high-pressure bacteria such as Listeria, E. coli, and Salmonella are destroyed.
The HPP makes the Perfect Fit Meals taste and smell amazing.
HPP: WHAT IS IT?
HPP or High-Pressure Processing is a food pasteurization technique recognized by the U.S.’s Food and Drug Administration, FDA, and used worldwide including North America, Europe, Asia, and Pacific.
Blaise Pascal first explored High-Pressure Processing, HPP, when he began testing HPP on bacteria in the 1890’s. Bert Hite, a scientist at West Virginia University Agricultural Experimental Station, followed this research. Hite found that HPP could disable harmful microorganisms in foods such as milk, meat, fruits, and vegetables. In the early 1900’s a study by W. P. Larsen demonstrated that HPP regularly killed vegetative bacteria found in foods.
First commercial HPP products were: Fruit preserves in Japan in the mid-1990’s, guacamole in the U.S. by Wholly Guacamole (Formerly Avomex) in 1997 and cooked ham in Spain in 1999.
HPP is cold pasteurization in pure water; it uses ultra-high pressure purified water to keep packaged food pathogen-free and to stay fresh longer. Food is subjected to 87,000 lbs. of pressure per sq. inch, the same amount of pressure as six times the deepest part of the ocean. At this very high-pressure bacteria such as Listeria, E. coli, and Salmonella are destroyed. Foods that use HPP include meats, fruits, vegetables, juices, dairy, and seafood.
- HPP is a “Clean Label”, natural pasteurization technique
- Offers better taste, texture, and nutrition
- Delivers shelf-life extension & pathogen elimination
WHO USES HPP
HPP is currently utilized by a wide variety of products including Beverages, meat, dairy, seafood, fruits, and veggies. Now, more and more SKU’s across every category are increasingly using HPP. Emerging HPP categories include refrigerated soups, baby food, pet foods, new functional beverage alternatives and ready meals.
- HPP food products market value: $12 billion now and will double within six years
- Growth Drivers:
- More consumers and food companies both want “clean label” and convenience
- HPP offers better taste, texture, and nutrition than traditional high-heat pasteurization
HPP TECHNOLOGY ADVANCEMENT
- HPP is now more available through HPP service providers, which means start-up companies can use HPP technology without the financial investment in an HPP machine
- Recently, HPP machines have nearly doubled in capacity and the increased throughput helps make HPP more accessible financially
HPP FOOD SAFETY
- HPP delivers an extended shelf life and pathogen elimination
- HPP preserves food products by inhibiting microbial growth
- HPP process inactivates bacteria such as Listeria, E. coli, and Salmonella
- HPP products need high water content, be acidic & have a cold chain of distribution
NEW HPP CONSUMER SEAL: HIGH PRESSURE CERTIFIED SEAL
- The new HPP Consumer Seal, called the “High Pressure Certified Seal” similar to the “Organic Seal” in which a third-party organization will verify the food has been HPP’d and the seal will be featured on the outside of the consumer packaging. The “High-Pressure Certified Seal” has already appeared on juice products in early 2018.
NEW HPP COUNCIL, COLD PRESSURE COUNCIL:
- The new HPP council, known as the Cold Pressure Council launched in April 2017. The goals for the Cold Pressure Council are developing best practices for the HPP industry and the new Cold Pressure Consumer Seal.
The Cold Pressure Council consists of nine founding members including the following HPP leaders and food companies: JBT/Avure Technologies, Hiperbaric, American Pasteurization Company, Universal Pasteurization, Suja, Campbell’s, Evolution Fresh, West Liberty Foods and Good Foods Group.
About Avure /JBT Technologies
Avure enables producers to implement High-Pressure Processing, HPP, with the fastest, most reliable equipment. From installation and maintenance of equipment systems to recipe and package development, Avure helps producers increase food safety and extend shelf life while providing consumers with nutritious, natural, flavorful food. Avure equipment is used to treat the majority of all HPP-protected food around the world. More information is available at www.avure-hpp-foods.com.
TOP REASONS TO TRY PERFECT FIT MEALS WITH HPP
Here are the top reasons Perfect Fit Meals are a fit for me:
- They are fresh, not frozen and they have options that work for both lunch and dinner. Don’t like or want to cook? Pick up a complete weeks worth of meals.
- Every meal is nutritionally balanced by our dietitian. They use low glycemic whole grains, nutrient-dense vegetables, and lean animal protein. There are no artificial colors or preservatives. Everything used is fresh, wholesome ingredients found at home.
- Familiar & simple recipes. All meals are Chef-driven and take fresh, all-natural ingredients transforming them into a variety of recipes that will keep you from culinary boredom.
- Exceptionally Easy. Carefully crafted and sealed for freshness. Important nutritional information is front and center to make it easier for you to make quick, informed decisions. And when you’re ready to eat, it only takes about 2 minutes to warm up. Or 4 minutes from frozen.
- Taste. These meals are like none I’ve tried before. They taste amazing and no need to add anything extra. They also smell wonderful. So much so that my picky daughter wanted to try each meal we heated up just because it smelled so good.
Are you ready to try Perfect Fit Meals yourself? Are you worried about Back To School Dinner?
One lucky subscriber to The Autism Diva will win their own Perfect Fit Meals Sample Kit with 8 delicious Perfect Fit Meals of your own!
Please enter via Rafflecopter below.
You have until Sept 27, 2018, at 12:00 AM to enter this contest. For your convenience, we have set up Rafflecopter to help us manage the whole process smoothly. To be eligible for this giveaway you must be a subscriber to The Autism Diva newsletter. Prize: 8 Perfect Fit Meals, (each meal has a $6.50 value, meals are 32 g protein & a veggie) RTV$52 delivered to you. Open to the U.S. (lower 48 only) and must be 18 years of age. Good luck!
PIN TO SAVE: