Best Air Fryer Frittata Recipe
Frittata is an egg-based Italian dish similar to an omelet or crustless quiche or scrambled eggs, enriched with additional ingredients such as meats, cheeses or vegetables. And with an Air Fryer, you get a crispy healthy version in minutes.
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 1/4 cup of your choice: milk, cream or water
- 6 large eggs
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup diced smoked ham I use meat from the deli already cooked. Can also use bacon.
- 1 cup shredded cheese, such as Goda, Fontina, or Cheddar (optional)
- If using bacon: add the bacon to the cold pan, then turn the heat to medium-high. Cook the bacon, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate and pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the fat.
- In the remaining fat (or cooking oil) saute your onions and mushrooms.
- While the onions and mushrooms cook down, whisk your eggs in a large bowl with your liquid of choice.
- Preheat your Air Fryer
- Add your veggies, cheese and meat to your eggs.
- In an Air Fryer safe pan, pour in the egg mixture. Cook at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
There are so many different ways this can be made. Add different vegetables or types of protein. The basic steps remain the same and the results are delicious.