BEST MAC & CHEESE IN AN AIR FRYER
Is there any comfort food like Mac and Cheese? It’s warm, melty and cheesy. This baked mac and cheese is loved by children and adults and has a twist on the classic version. The best part is you can cook it in your air fryer in half the time.
- Vegetable Oil
- 1 pound of your favorite Pasta
- 1 Quart Milk
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 cups Flour
- 2 cups Smoked Gouda cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups Bacon Cheddar cheese
- In a large pot of water, add salt and oil and bring to a boil. Add your pasta and cook as directed. Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan heat milk. Just want it warm. Don't boil.
- In large pot, melt the butter.
- Mix in flour with a whisk for about two minutes.
- Still whisking, add the hot milk and cook for a minute or two more, until thickened and smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Add all cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook in air fryer on 370 for about 30 minutes - until cheese is bubbly and pasta is browned.