Crockpot Dinner: Lazy Chicken Soup
After sharing a picture of chicken soup on Instagram, I received many requests for the recipe. Have to admit that made me feel great and bad for I didn’t have an actual recipe. I just put something together with ingredients that I knew my family would eat.
Good news is that since my family loved it so much, I made it again and this time made a video. I call it Lazy Chicken Soup for it is literally just throwing stuff in the crockpot and no work.
Great for when you’re out all day and need dinner done when you get home.
- 1-2 lbs Boneless Chicken Breast
- Cajun Seasoning
- 1 10.5oz Can of condensed French Onion Soup
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms or canned sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups sliced Carrots
- 1 cup chopped Green Onion
- 32 Oz carton of Chicken Broth
- Rice - optional
- Tortellini - optional
- Season chicken breast with cajun and salt.
- Place chicken into the crockpot.
- Pour can of condensed French Onion soup over chicken.
- Add mushrooms and stir into soup mix.
- Add chopped green onion and carrots.
- Pour in the carton of chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Before serving, remove chicken and shred it. Then add back to soup mix and stir.
- Serve in bowls with bread or over rice.
- OPTIONAL: Add tortellini to soup and cook for an additional 20 minutes.