Disney’s CARS 3 Release & Lightning McQueen Craft
Have you heard that you can now pre-order CARS 3. Cars 3 DVD and Blu-ray release date is set for November 7, 2017 and available on Digital HD from Amazon Video and iTunes on October 24, 2017.
Lil Man is a huge CARS fan and I thought it would be fun to prep for the movie release with some fun craft ideas. I found this super easy Lightning McQueen idea that we could do together. As Lil Man is still more toddler when it comes to this, more supervision is needed than most 8 yr olds.
What you need to make this super cute craft:
- Jumbo craft sticks
- 1.5″ wooden craft circles
- Red, yellow, orange, white, silver, silver glitter, black, and blue craft paint
- Black Sharpie
- Hot glue/hot glue gun or Elmer’s glue
1. Lay out a couple scrap pieces of newspaper before you get started.
2. Lay out 5 craft sticks vertically onto the table, cut 3 at an angle and 2 flat then arrange them like pictured (angle up, angle up, flat, flat, and angle down).
3. Cut off the bottom craft sticks leaving each side about 3″ long.
4. Now glue 3 craft sticks horizontally onto the bottom of the 5 craft sticks.
5. Paint your craft sticks red and let dry.
6. Paint or color in your wooden circles with black paint or a black sharpie and glue them onto the bottom of the car frame.
7. Using your Black Sharpie to draw lightning bolts onto each side of the car frame, the number 95 onto the middle, and an eye on the right side of the windshield.
8. Now use a small paintbrush and paint to fill in your drawn designs.
9. Use a paintbrush and your silver/silver glitter paint to paint the rims onto your car by painting a pizza like pattern onto the black wheels.
10. Let your car dry and display!
You can find this and many more ideas on Pinterest. Here is a board I have started with some more CARS fun: www.pinterest.com/StephanieADD/disneys-cars/ or search for your own. Just have fun!