Fall Cocktails: Orange Cinnamon Blossom
It combines the best fall spices of cinnamon, allspice, and cloves to balance out the potent and delicious orange flavor.
- 1 bottle of Santa Margherita Prosecco Superiore DOCG
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 orange
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 whole cloves
- 3 whole allspice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Rinse lemon and orange and thinly slice them, discarding seeds; quarter the orange slices.
- Put fruit in a 4- to 5-quart pan. Add honey, sugar (use the smaller amount if you prefer drinks on the tart side, the larger if you want a sweeter flavor), cloves and allspice.
- With a knife, cut the cinnamon sticks lengthwise into thinner strips. Add cinnamon and 2 cups water to pan; bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat and boil gently for 5 minutes.
- Pour Santa Margherita Prosecco Superiore DOCG into hot citrus base and heat until steaming, about 8 minutes.
- Keep warm over low heat. Ladle into heatproof cups or wineglasses.
Recipe Credit: Santa Margherita via 5W Public Relations