Great Wolf Lodge Georgia Water Park Resort
I don’t know about you, but ever since I heard Great Wolf Lodge was going to Georgia, the kids and I were counting down the days. Families can now explore Great Wolf Lodge in LaGrange, GA offering indoor waterpark fun and dry
Families visiting Great Wolf Lodge Georgia will have a howling good time at the nearly 100,000 square-foot indoor water park, filled with body slides, tube slides, raft rides, activity pools and splash areas designed to delight every age range and thrill level. Families visiting the water park at Great Wolf Lodge Georgia will discover cozy 84-degree temperatures year-round and a dozen different slides, including two new concept slides making their North American debut –Rapid Racer and Triple Thunder. The two new slides are not only new to Great Wolf Resorts, but they are also one-of-a-kind slides developed for Great Wolf Lodge Georgia noted slide manufacture ProSlide.
The resort also features a massive outdoor resort pool with additional water attractions for families to enjoy together. Adults will enjoy the exclusive, adult-only oasis adjacent to the outdoor pool, complete with relaxing chaise lounge chairs and a private hot tub.
The water park also features a number of favorite water park attractions from other Great Wolf Lodges, including:
- Fort Mackenzie: Multi-level tree house water fort that combines suspension bridges, treetop slides, swinging cargo nets and spray stations. The park’s signature tipping bucket dumps one thousand gallons of water every four minutes.
- Totem Towers: Two three-story body slides attached to Fort Mackenzie.
- Wolf Tail: Step into the launch pod and prepare as the floor drops out from underneath guest’s feet, hurling them into a nearly vertical, 20-foot free fall, followed immediately by a 360-degree, high-speed loop
- Otter Run: A family-friendly body slide and a sure-fire favorite, Otter Run is perfectly sized for small and tall alike!
- Slap Tail Pond: Gigantic wave pool complete with waves reaching up to three feet in height as they roll through every five minutes.
- Chinook Cove: Water playground for children of all ages featuring basketball and floating obstacles.
- Big Foot Pass: Unique water obstacle challenges kids and adults alike to balance on floating logs and lily pads and hold on to hanging nets as they try to get across the pool.
- Crooked Creek: Winding lazy river.
- Cub PawPool: Zero-depth entry children’s pool with water fountain features, kiddie slides, and spray-and-play adventures.
- Whooping Hollow: This play pool is filled with perfectly sized water slides for young pups. Gentle slopes and tiny dips and turns make these the go-to attractions for the “under 52 inches” set.
The two new slides are:
Triple Thunder: This group raft ride combines two of most thrilling water park attractions available into one pulse-pounding slide. The ride starts by plummeting guests down a steep drop and into a funnel, where they will experience sensations of weightlessness as the raft sloshes up-and-down the funnel walls. Upon exiting the funnel, the raft swooshes towards two saucers. The saucers provide additional excitement as guests hurl at maximum speeds along the bank of the saucer, swirl 180-degrees and exit through a narrow passageway –all in the dark. A few extra twist and turns await after the saucers before riders finally plunge into a catch pool at the bottom of the slide.
Rapid Racer: This two-person tube racing slide features plenty of thrills with drops, chutes and serpentine curves. As riders emerge from the exhilarating 180-degree and 360-degree banked curves, they enter a section with open racing lanes where they can see and hear their competition on the other side of a low separator wall. The slide features three rally points where guests can see their competition as both careen down this incredibly fun water attraction.
Activities & Attractions
Beyond the thrills of the water park, Great Wolf Lodge Georgia features dozens of entertainment options under its massive roof. Families will delight at the wide variety of activities found throughout the entire resort, perfect for children of all ages. Featured attractions include the 40,000-square-foot Great Wolf Adventure Park, a full-service family entertainment center featuring the Howlers Peak Ropes Course®, Howl In One™ Miniature Golf Course, Ten Paw Alley™ family bowling, Northern Lights™ Arcade, and Rustic Ridge, a multi-story rock wall.
A fan-favorite of kids visiting Great Wolf Lodge is MaqiQuest, the brand’s exclusive live-action adventure game where guests scour the resort using magic wands to uncover relics and runes needed to defeat dragons and goblins. No Great Wolf Lodge experience would be complete without a trip to Scoops Kids Spa, the perfect place for ice cream-themed manicures and pedicures.
Additionally, Great Wolf Lodge Georgia will delight children with the dozens of kids activities from morning to night. From waking up with Yoga Tails™, a fun and creative yoga class set to engaging stories, to crafts and interactive science experiments in the afternoon, and finally ending the fun-filled day with nightly Story Time in the lobby—the wolf pups will retreat to their dens at night fully tuckered out. The resort also is home to the all-new Forest Friends show in the Grand Lobby. This interactive animated show utilizes the latest in 3D mapping technology to bring the Great Wolf Lodge characters to life in new and exciting ways and help tell the story of Great Wolf Lodge.
The fun continues into the guest rooms where families will enjoy a variety of suite options that will suit the needs of any group. Great Wolf Lodge Georgia offers eight suite types, from Family Suites that sleep five in two queen-sized beds and a pull-out twin sofa sleeper to Premium Suites that sleep up to 13 with separate bedrooms and bathrooms. Themed Suites are all available, including the popular Kid Cabin Suite and Wolf Den Suite. These suites offer a unique family-friendly configuration including a separate, themed sleeping area for the kids complete with bunk beds, wall murals, TVs, and other fun surprises.
An overnight stay at Great Wolf Lodge Georgia includes two days of play at the expansive indoor water park, along with numerous fun-filled activities families can enjoy together. Standard rates start at $199.99 per night.
Great Wolf Lodge Georgia is located at 150 Tom Hall Parkway in LaGrange, GA. For more information on Great Wolf Resorts and its brands of indoor waterpark resorts, visit www.greatwolf.com OR check out our hotel link for current deals!