Captain Marvel DVD/Blu-ray Release Date with Special Features & Captain Marvel Paper Glider Activity Button
It was just months ago that Captain Marvel arrived to smash both the box office and some very online gentlemen into submission while snatching up a billion dollars worldwide, but Disney and Marvel are already planning the movie’s home release.
Marvel Studios hosted a “Captain Marvel” panel and revealed an all-new trailer and in-home release dates for its first female-led franchise film, centered on Carol Danvers a.k.a. Captain Marvel. The spectacular, 1990s-era Super Hero adventure, which electrified and inspired audiences worldwide and surpassed $1 billion in ticket sales, is available on Digital in HD and 4K Ultra HD™ and Movies Anywhere May 28, and lands on Blu-ray™ and Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD™ June 11.
ABOUT CAPTAIN MARVEL
Set in the 1990s, “Captain Marvel” is an all-new adventure from a previously unseen period in the history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe that introduces the MCU’s first stand-alone, female-franchise title character—Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel. When we first meet Danvers, she already possesses her superhero powers, having left her earthly life behind and become a member of an intergalactic elite Kree military team called Starforce, led by their enigmatic commander, Yon-Rogg. But after Danvers has trained and worked with the Starforce team, and become a valued member, she finds herself back on Earth with new questions about her past. While on Earth she quickly lands on the radar of Nick Fury, and they must work together against a formidable enemy in the form of the Skrulls—the notorious Marvel bad guys made even more dangerous by their shape-shifting abilities—and their leader, Talos, who is spearheading a Skrull invasion of Earth.
Based on the beloved Marvel comic-book series, first published in 1967, “Captain Marvel” stars Academy Award® winner Brie Larson (“Room,” “Kong: Skull Island”) as Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel, Samuel L. Jackson (Marvel Studios’ “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “The Hateful Eight”) as Nick Fury, Ben Mendelsohn (“Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” “Mississippi Grind”) as Talos, with Annette Bening (“American Beauty,” “20th Century Women”) as Supreme Intelligence, with Clark Gregg (“Marvel’s The Avengers,” “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”) as Agent Coulson and Jude Law (“Sherlock Holmes,” “Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald”) as Yon-Rogg.
The film also includes a talented supporting cast that features Djimon Hounsou (“Blood Diamond,” “Guardians of the Galaxy”) as Korath, Lee Pace (“The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,” “Guardians of the Galaxy”) as Ronan, Lashana Lynch (“Bulletproof,” “Brotherhood”) as Maria Rambeau, Gemma Chan (“Crazy Rich Asians,” “Humans”) as Minn-Erva, Rune Temte (“Eddie the Eagle,” “The Last Kingdom”) as Bron-Char, Algenis Perez Soto (“Sugar,” “Isolated Victim”) as Att-Lass, Mckenna Grace (“Gifted,” “I, Tonya”) as Young Carol Danvers and Akira Akbar (“Grey’s Anatomy”) as Monica Rambeau.
BRINGING CAPTAIN MARVEL HOME
Arriving home with extensive line-up of extras detailing the development of this highly anticipated addition to the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), “Captain Marvel” includes Featurettes that highlight the transformative journey of Brie Larson (Captain Marvel) and her character’s impact on audiences around the globe; the influence of Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) on significant events within the MCU; the perfect pairing of directors Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck; the ongoing conflict between the Skrulls and the Kree; and the raw talent behind the fetching feline named Goose. Viewers also gain access to six deleted scenes, director commentary, a gag reel loaded with funnies, flubs and Flerkens, and never-before-seen concept art and production photography.
“Captain Marvel” comes packaged in various formats to best fit today’s varying consumer desires. Viewers can bring home the film two weeks early on Digital 4K Ultra HD, HD and SD and gain access to two exclusive features, including a behind-the-scenes visit with the Visual Effects team that makes the filmmakers’ visions of the MCU come to life and an inside look at the epic team effort that goes into an action-packed sequence within a Marvel Studios film. A physical copy of “Captain Marvel” is available as either a 4K Cinematic Universe Edition (4K UHD+Blu-ray+Digital Copy) or a Multi-Screen Edition (Blu-ray+Digital Copy), granting fans the flexibility to watch on devices of their choice.
CAPTAIN MARVEL BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Alternate Movie Versions
- Movie with Intro– An introduction by directors/screenwriters Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck.
- Movie with Commentary– Commentary by directors/screenwriters Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck.
- Becoming a Super Hero– Follow Brie Larson’s journey as she joins the MCU, and see what it takes to be a Marvel Super Hero in every sense of the word.
- Big Hero Moment– Explore how impactful Captain Marvel’s entrance into the MCU is, and how she inspires audiences around the world.
- The Origin of Nick Fury– Witness some of the MCU’s most significant events through Nick Fury’s eyes, and see how his influence helped shape the MCU.
- The Dream Team– Discover why Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck are the perfect pair to direct Marvel Studios’ most powerful hero.
- The Skrulls and the Kree– Take a deeper look into the Skrulls and the Kree, their ongoing conflict, and the importance of shifting perspectives in the film.
- Hiss-sterical Cat-titude– The cast and crew dish on working with Goose and the raw talent it takes to portray such a complex character on-screen.
- Deleted Scenes
- “Who Do You Admire Above All Others?”– Kree Commander Yon-Rogg must answer to the Supreme Intelligence, who questions his leadership ability.
- Starforce Recruits– Yon-Rogg lectures a roomful of students on the Kree’s mission to defend all nations from the scourge of the Skrulls.
- Heading to Torfa– Vers (Danvers) and her fellow Starforce members banter as they prepare for their rescue mission to Torfa.
- “What, No Smile?”– In this alternate version of a scene from the movie, Vers is consulting a map when she receives a dubious offer of assistance.
- Black Box– Keller attempts to track Vers and Fury after their escape in a quad jet from the Joint USAFA Facility.
- Rookie Mistake– Novice S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Phil Coulson helps Director Keller out of an embarrassing situation.
- Gag Reel– The fate of the universe hangs in the balance as the cast battles props, flubs, and Flerkens in these outtakes from the set.
- Journey into Visual Effects with Victoria Alonso – Experience how filmmakers’ visions of the MCU come to life on-screen through the skill of the Visual Effects team.
- What Makes a Memory: Inside the “Mind Frack”– What does it take to craft an action-packed sequence for a Marvel Studios film? Nothing short of an epic team effort!
- Concept Art– Explore artwork from “Captain Marvel” and trace the visual development of characters.
- On-Set Images– Uncover a trove of behind-the-scenes and production photography.
CAPTAIN MARVEL ACTIVITY
CAPTAIN MARVEL SOCIAL MEDIA: