Tired of the same old burger blah? Liven up burger night with my Pimento Pork and Chorizo Burgers! This simple-to-make burger adds some gentle spice from the chorizo to the flavors of the ground pork, and leaves everyone wanting another! A little hot sauce adds another layer of flavor to the mix. Don’t worry though, the pimento and cheese will cool the spices down and make this one of your favorite burgers!
- 1 lb Ground Pork
- 1 lb Chorizo
- 2 tbs Worcestershire Sauce
- 1.5 tbs Tabasco Chipotle
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp coarse ground black pepper
- Mix everything and form into 6-8 patties, depending on how large you would like your burger patty.
- Fire up the grill!
- Then, sprinkle each patty with a little BBQ rub, and refrigerate for 30 minutes before using. This will let the burgers hold their shape better.
- Place on a medium hot grill and cook about 5-6 minutes per side, or until the burgers are cooked through.
- As the burgers are nearing completion, add a nice scoop of my Zesty Pimento and cheese and let melt for 1-2 minutes.
- Toast your buns, and of course, grill some bacon!
- Put it all together with your favorite burger condiments and enjoy!
The above recipe appears courtesy of Melissa Cookston from Cookston’s cookbook, “Smokin’ in the Boys’ Room” and “Smokin’ Hot in the South”. You can visit Melissa’s website for more flavorful recipes.