Everyone I know loves a good grilled burger, and this recipe for Pub Burgers with Beer Seared Onions is a winner! For this recipe, I used Aussie Beef, and it really was delicious. The beef is so rich you don’t need a lot of seasoning (but I’ve never let that stop me before!) The onions are super easy and have such a great flavor, you’ll want to make these for other recipes as well (they go great with lamb and steak!) It’s easy to make them on the grill in a cast-iron skillet, so you won’t have to mess up the kitchen (and keep the heat down in the summer!) The main seasoning that I used for this is my Grillin’ Shake.
- 2 medium onions sliced thinly
- 2 TBS Banner Butter or your favorite butter
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1.5 cups Stout Beer
- In a mixing bowl, add the ground beef, hot sauce, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and beer. Hand mix until incorporated. Form into 4 patties. Sprinkle the Grillin' Shake on outside of patties.
- Thinly slice onions. Melt butter in skillet on grill, then add onions. Add in salt, sugar and pepper. Sear onions until translucent. Form in a mound then pour in beer. Cook until beer is steamed out and onions are soft. Move skillet to the side.
- Place burgers on the grill. Allow to cook for 3-4 minutes, then flip and continue to cook for 3 minutes (for medium burgers.) Place cheese over burgers. While cheese is melting, toast buns. Place burger on toasted bottom bun, top with onions and serve with your favorite condiments. Enjoy!
The above recipe appears courtesy of Melissa Cookston from Cookston’s cookbook, “Smokin’ in the Boys’ Room” and “Smokin’ Hot in the South”. You can visit Melissa’s website for more flavorful recipes.