One thing that moving here to Georgia has taught me, is the Spring is Consignment Season. I was introduced to Kidsignments in Gwinnett County 7 years ago and been hooked ever since.
While that is my personal favorite sale, I have slowly tried more sales and always love the bargains I find. Name brands, brand new with tags still on and my daughter’s favorite store brand JUSTICE.
For those that are new to the consignment life, here are a few tips for you.
- Give yourself plenty of time. Some of these sales are very large and it takes time to go through the racks of clothes, which are sorted by size.
- Get a big container to hold your finds and with wheels. If you plan on doing some serious shopping (which when you see all the finds you will), those clothes get heavy. Plus you want your hands to be free to search.
- Don’t come hungry. This is especially important when do opening day/night. The lines can get long for check-out and before you know it, your tummy is not happy with you. Pack a snack like a power bar, apple or nuts. Just so your not ready to faint.
- Be sure to check time details. Some sales limit the time you can bring kids and especially strollers. Check the web site or fan page for correct details for when you can or can’t bring the lil ones.
- If you change your mind about an item, don’t just throw it down wherever. This suggestion is from the volunteer side of the fence. Everyone working these sales are moms just like you who have volunteered to help. And they work hard to keep everything organized. If you can’t put the item back yourself, no worries. Flag down a worker or even turn it in at check-out. This ensures it is returned to the right spot and in a timely manner. Why? So others can have a chance to purchase it.
So, now that your an expert shopper; you need to know where to go. Blow is a PDF link to a list within the state of Georgia. If you know of a sale that is not list, please comment or email me at StephanieGilbertadd@gmail.com so we can share with our readers.
Thank you and happy shopping!