Tips For Making Memories With Wilderness At The Smokies
“This is a sponsored blog; while the views expressed here were genuinely mine, consideration was paid to me by
Wilderness at the Smokies to review this product. Affiliate links may be present“
Our family is all about traveling and making memories. Sometimes our travels take us across the county and other times can just be within the same state. The important thing is to just do it. Even with Autism, we don’t slow down. May take a little more planning but we go. We experience, we explore and most of all, we make the memories.
Just across the Georgia line, you will find a family fun-filled adventure that you’ll be sure to make memories to look back on for years to come. Wilderness at the Smokies Waterpark Resort and Family Entertainment Center is a luxurious vacation destination that gives you a new concept of fun for the whole family. And, admission to all the waterparks is included with your stay at the resort.
Wilderness at the Smokies has not one, but two hotel options, River Lodge and Stone Hill Lodge. In total there are 713 rooms, suites, and villas. So no matter your family size or needs, you’ll all be comfortable. Your stay comes with many amenities that are available to the public, including an indoor family adventure center, dining, shopping, a 36-hole championship golf course, and more than 200,000 square feet of meeting and convention space. This is truly a year-round waterpark vacation destination. For more information or to make an overnight reservation, visit www.WildernessAtTheSmokies.com or call 1.877.325.WILD (9453).
- TIP: River Lodge is connected to Wild WaterDome, Tennessee’s Largest Indoor Waterpark as well as Lake Wilderness Outdoor Water Park. Stone Hill Lodge is across the street with Salamander Springs Outdoor Waterpark.
Wild WaterDome is Tennessee’s Largest Indoor Waterpark. Wild WaterDome features a see-through roof that will weather-proof your vacation and give you the opportunity to tan inside all year long with 84-degree year-round temperatures. The park is huge and filled with adventures for both older and younger guests.
The two outdoor parks are Lake Wilderness and Salamander Springs. Both are opened from Spring to Fall as weather permits and offer the same level of fun as Wild Water but out in the fresh Smokie air and mountain views.
- TIP: Pay attention to how the outside parks are laid out vs the path of the sun. If you want more shade, each park has a different sun path. One has more shade in the morning while the other is shadier in the afternoons.
Adventure Forest is so much more than just an arcade but a family adventure center! There’s a bowling alley, a snack bar, black light mini golf, a laser maze, multi-level laser tag, a rock climbing wall, a 3-story ropes course and much more!
CELEBRATE 10 YEARS OF FAMILY MEMORIES GIVEAWAY
Wilderness at the Smokies is celebrating its 10th Anniversary with an amazing sweepstakes and the opportunity for YOU to make fun family memories that will last a lifetime. The 10th Anniversary Sweepstakes gives you the opportunity to enter for a chance to win a wide range of incredible prizes including a Grand Prize of a 4 night stay up for up to 12 guests in a 2 Bedroom Premier Suite, plus 6 Adventure Forest All Stay Passes and a $500 Resort Credit. You can enter the sweepstakes at www.WildernessAtTheSmokies.com/win
Wilderness at the Smokies 10th Anniversary Sweepstakes – with over $10,000 in prizes (Ends 9/2)
Weekly Prize Winners (14 weeks, 14 of each below)
- 4-pack of Waterpark Passes
- $100 Resort Gift Card
- $50 Resort Gift Card
Grand Prize Winners (1 drawing, 7 winners)
Grand Prize #1 (1 Winner)
- 4 night stay up to 12 guests in a 2 Bedroom Premier, plus 6 Adventure Forest All Stay Passes & $500 Resort Credit
Grand Prize #2 (2 Winners)
- 2 night stay up to 6 guests in Double Queen with Sofa, plus 6 Adventure Forest All Stay passes & $250 Resort Credit
Grand Prize #3 (4 Winners)
- 1 night stay up to 6 guests in Double Queen with Sofa, plus 6 Adventure Forest All Stay passes $100 Resort Credit
TIPS TO MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR VISIT
- KIDS EAT FREE at the Thirsty Miner restaurant.
- Take food with you. If you plan to stay on site and want to keep costs down; eat in your room.
- NOTE: No outside food is allowed at any of the water parks.
- Make sure to check out the “All Stay” pass for Adventure Forest, another great deal!
- Towel cards are also provided for your towels at the waterpark. Simply exchange your card for a towel.
- Lifejackets and tubes are provided in the waterpark.
- You can preregister for your room and start playing in the waterpark right away!
- Stay and play the day you check out.
- Enjoy amenities on site: gift shop, candy shop, paint your own pottery studio, fitness center, laundry room and more!
- You can rent Redbox movies in the lobby of both Stone Hill Lodge and River Lodge.
Make sure to follow Wilderness at the Smokies on Twitter and Facebook to stay up to date with news, deals, and promotions before you book your stay! Check out our hotel link for current deals.
Have you been to Wilderness at the Smokies? What tips would you share? If not, what are you looking forward to trying most?