King Richard’s faire, New England’s biggest and best Renaissance fair is back this year with new exciting entertainment as well as many of your favorites. Whether your fancy is food, shopping or games of skill, you will find it all at King Richard’s fair. Come and escape your reality at THE New England Renaissance Faire!
About King Richard’s Faire
Visit the Faire weekends and Monday holidays from August 31-October 20, 2019, where entertainment, exciting rides and skilled games abound on the Faire’s enchanting 80-acre wooded site (235 Main Street, Carver, Mass. 02330). You’ll be dazzled by acrobats, aerialists, and jugglers! Be captivated by minstrels, dancers and puppeteers and enthralled by fire-eaters, magicians and exotic tigers. Hundreds of talented performers perform non-stop for you throughout the day on any one of our eight vibrant stages. The King’s handsome knights battle on horseback as bawdy beggars compete in the mud. Wacky wenches will leave you in stitches while happy villagers engage you in the lanes. Frolicking faeries can be seen dancing through the forest, where you can try your skill in his majesty’s Gaming Glen.
Afterward, epicurean pleasures suited for royalty will tantalize even the pickiest of taste buds. Satiate thy palate with giant spit-roasted turkey legs, ringlets of fryes, and boules of chowder or stew, and quench thy thirst with champagne, specialty cocktails, wine and brew.
Many of the King’s talented artisans journey from around the globe and have much to offer all who enter the gates of Carvershire. Discover beautiful handspun pottery, fabulous jewelry, and incredible face painting. Delight in period clothing, leather, armor, and moccasins. Be amazed by our blacksmith and forged weaponry and other works of art. Revel in scented oils, perfumes, handmade crafts and psychic readings as you make memories to last a lifetime.
New This Year
We have a new King Richard XI to lord over Carvershire with his lovely bride, Queen Anne and visiting princesses in the village to sample talented artisan wares, food and drynk, and entertaining new performers. Entertainment lineup in Carvershire this year includes The Accidental Acrobats, a duo of contortionists; Sir Guy, the comedian; Kasam the Masked Master; GoGaucho, a dynamic blend of dance, music, comedy and other tricks; and mesmerizing music from Moon Chariot and piping by the Portland & District Pipers.
Tips To Visiting King Richard’s Faire
- No outside food or beverage is allowed unless cleared by the Royal Office first (508-866-5391) but you can bring an EMPTY water bottle to fill out our water bubbler.
- King Richard’s has way more than just Turkey Legs including gluten-free, vegan and lactose-free menu selections. You can see more on their website: kingrichardsfaire.net/eat-and-drynk
- Carvershire is in the woods. You will find bees, tree roots, hot and cold weather, and even rain to contend with. And porto-pottys. Dress and plan accordingly.
- Yes, they are rain or shine. King Richard’s only closes if safety is compromised and then will make announcements on their FB page as soon as the decision is made.
- All costumes are welcome and appreciated. Don’t have one? You can rent one! They have costumes for all ages and sizes right inside the front gate at Seams Like A Dream! Costumed guests are the majority, not the minority. ( HINT: this is a “Fantasy Faire” not a medieval re-enactment like Plimouth Plantation so anything goes!) Popular choices include Monty Python, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, DC/Marvel superheroes, and all kinds of cosplay. Think more of a comic con than a re-enactment!
- Box office and food tickets are cash only but most artisans accept Lady Visa and Master Card and AMEX.
- The woods have no wifi. Plan accordingly – it’s better near the entrance and at the joust. A portable charger is recommended as they say- charging is for the brave knights on horseback, not guests’ phones.
THEMED WEEKENDS AND SPECIAL EVENTS SCHEDULE:
Every Saturday (and some Sundays) King Richard hosts fun and free special themed events on the King’s Stage. From Harry Potter to Game of Thrones and a new Vikings Tug O War game, there is something for everyone.
Special events & contests are limited to the first 50 eligible persons who sign a waiver just prior to the event or contest. Waivers can be signed starting no sooner than 3:45 pm at the back of the King’s stage audience. Age restrictions are only for the special events/contests, all ages are welcome to attend the Faire!
- Sat 8/31- OPENING WEEKEND! Carver Day!
- Sun 9/1 – Military & First Responders Appreciation Day
- Sat. 9/7 @ 4:00pm – Cleavage Contest (18+)
- Sat. 9/14 @ 4:00pm – Vow Renewal – Romance is in the “Faire”
- Sat. 9/21 & Sun. 9/22 @ 2:30 & 4:00pm – Witchcraft & Wizardry – Trivia & Costume Contest (18+)
- Sat. 9/28 & Sun. 9/29 @ 2:30 & 4:00pm – Game of Thorns – Trivia & Costume Contest
- Sat. 10/5 @ 4:00 pm – Clash of the Tartans – Highland Hunks Men in Kilts Contest (18+)
- Sat. 10/12 @ 4:30pm – Invaders Weekend Tug-O-War Contest
- Mon. 10/14 @ 4:30pm – Invaders Weekend Tug-O-War Contest
- Sat. 10/19 @1:45pm Wee Ones Costume Parade, 4:00pm Adult Costume Contest: Dungens and Dragons Theme – Halloween, cosplay, and Fantasy.
- Sun. 10/20 – Final Drum Jam @ 6pm.
For complete details please visit kingrichardsfaire.net/weekend-events.
King Richard’s Faire Tickets
Tickets are $34 for adults and kids 12 and above, $17 for kids ages 4-11, and kids 3 and younger are free! Tickets can be purchased online at:: kingrichardsfaire.net/purchase-tickets-in-advance
Be sure to check out their website for group discounts and special offers.
235 Main Street Carver, MA 02330
Gates open at 10:30 am and close at 6:00 pm.
Follow the biggest and best Renaissance fair in New England!
The Autism Diva has TWO family 4 packs to King Richard’s Faire OPENING day. Please enter via Rafflecopter below and “Escape your reality at THE New England Renaissance Faire”
The winner will be selected randomly, but all entries will be verified. Must be 18+ to claim the prize and provide a U.S. shipping address. Giveaway ends August 23, 2019.